Sunday, September 05, 2010

Weekend Pictures

The Bean on a cloudy day in Chicago

 Bellatrix recharging her dark arts

Ironic hipster? Or tragically stuck in the 60s?
Taken @ Urban Outfitters... of course

New bathroom rug! + my feet.
(Kk, if you are reading this, I tried sending it to ya on my phone but I had no service ever. Hope you like it!)

I am currently reading Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children*, an absolutely fantastic novel about magic and India and doctors and all sorts of great things along those lines. Rushdie is a brilliant writer - his sentences are short and understated but each word is carefully plucked, examined, and polished before it is carved into ink such that the scenes and dialogues become so vivid and colorful. This is the first time in a long time (maybe since Harry Potter! Oh man) that I have dreaded finishing a book - I highly recommend it to anybody with an interest/appreciation/penchant for magical realism, Indian culture of the twentieth century, or just general good storytelling.

*Oops. Corrected.

2 comments:

  1. I love the rug! Yay. Also, are you reading Midnight's Children? Because thats exactly the book I have in my hands right now and was going to start reading as soon as I finished email/fbook/reading roses blog. Im excited its so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES...wow, I can't believe I wrote the title wrong, blogging fail. And YAY we are kindred reading buddies! It an amazing novel, you will love it (:

    ReplyDelete

Archive